Britain - Nepal Academic Council
BNAC Members (Only those who agreed to be published are listed)
- Dr Krishna Adhikari Research Interests:Caste and ethnic relations and identity politics; education, employment, and social mobility; migration and diaspora communities; social capital and community-based institutions
- Emeritus Prof. Lionel Caplan (Retired) Previous Research Interests: Social implications of changing land systems; western portrayals of 'Gurkhas'; relations between district capitals and their hinterlands.
- Prof. David Gellner Research Interests: Anthropology of South Asia, East Asia; Buddhism, Hinduism, traditional urbanism, healers and their relation to religion, ritual and symbolism; politics, ethnicity, and activism.
- Andrea de la Rubia Gómez-Morán Research Interests: Hybridization in the art of Nepal; reconstruction of Nepal´s identity
- Prof. Michael Hutt Research interests: Nepali literature, Nepali politics, Nepal media, Bhutanese refugees
- Shrochis Karki Research Interests: Education, Employment, Development, and Politics
- Dr Om Kurmi Research Interests: Environmental health; Respiratory Epidemiology; Chronic Diseases in low and middle income countries
- Dr Chandra Laksamba Research Interests: Lifelong learning, Marxist theory and globalisation ; Gurkhas and issues of equality; Migration and diaspora religion (Nepali); Limbu land tenure (Kipat), culture and religion
- Dr Ram Prasad Mainali Research Interests: Economics of inequality particularly in the field of health, labour market and education.