Nepal Study Days
Latest NewsBNAC organised various activities related to Nepal during its 17th Nepal Study Days in Edinburgh
Britain Nepal Academic Council’s 17th Nepal Study Days was successfully organised in Edinburgh on ...Read More
Recent News & Updates
Join our free email list about BNAC events and activities.JOIN NOW
Call for Papers for the 13th Nepal Study Days (16-17th April 2015, SOAS London)December 20, 2014
BRITAIN-NEPAL ACADEMIC COUNCIL
Call for Papers for the 13th Nepal Study Days
Hosted by the South Asia Institute, SOAS University of London
16-17th April, 2015
The Britain Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) invites scholars and practitioners from all disciplines to participate in the 13th BNAC Nepal Study Days. All presentations should focus on Nepal, its diaspora and the Nepali cultural world. We invite two kinds of presentations:
1. Presentations that share research findings: these should be of work that has reached an advanced stage or has been completed.
2. Presentations of project plans and research proposals: these should be of work that has recently begun, or which will begin within the next year or so.
Details of previous study days can be accessed online at www.bnac.ac.uk/activities-
If you are interested in participating, please send a 300-word abstract of your proposed presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2015. The Study Day organizing committee will review the proposals received within this deadline and select from among them. Selected abstracts will be circulated to registered participants in advance.
Members of BNAC may attend the Nepal Study Day for free, though we will ask for a contribution towards the costs of the lunches. For non-members there will be a modest registration fee of approximately £25, which will include lunch on both days.
We would like to encourage prospective participants to apply for or renew their membership in time to be eligible for free registration. Details about BNAC membership are available at www.bnac.ac.uk/membership/.
We hope to be in a position to offer small bursaries towards the travel costs of Ph.D research students from outside London whose abstracts are accepted.
Deadline to submit abstracts: 28th February 2015.
Deadline to register for those who are not presenting a paper but who wish to attend: 6th April 2015.
For more information and registration, please contact the Study Day organizing team (Michael Hutt, Feyzi Ismail, Monika Shrestha, Michele Serafini, Stefanie Lotter) at email@example.com
We suggest you book your accommodation in London well in advance:
Youth Hostel St Pancras
B&Bs around Russell Square
- Edinburgh Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference), 15-16 April 2019- All Information Read More
- Registration Open for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and University of Edinburgh Read More
- Call for Papers for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Edinburgh Read More