PhD Dissertation Prize
Latest NewsBNAC organised various activities related to Nepal during its 17th Nepal Study Days in Edinburgh
Britain Nepal Academic Council’s 17th Nepal Study Days was successfully organised in Edinburgh on ...Read More
Recent News & Updates
Join our free email list about BNAC events and activities.JOIN NOW
Call for applications for the ‘BNAC PhD Dissertation Prize 2019’October 02, 2018
Call for applications for the ‘BNAC PhD Dissertation Prize 2019’
Following the success and popularity of the PhD Dissertation Prize 2018, the Britain-Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) is pleased to announce its ‘PhD Dissertation Prize’ for 2019. Applications are invited from eligible candidates by 31st November 2018. Details of the call including eligibility criteria and instructions for preparing your application are as follows:
- Applicants must either be registered for a PhD in South Asia, the UK, or in other EU countries, or have graduated from one of these countries within the last two years (i.e. have passed their PhD no earlier than the 1 December 2016). BNAC requires candidates to submit evidence of their eligibility along with their paper.
- Applicants who took part in the 2018 Prize competition and did not win the prize may also apply with a new paper, if they meet the above eligibility criterion (point 1).
- Applicants should submit a chapter, a paper submitted for review, or a published paper from their PhD thesis not exceeding 10,000; and
- The PhD paper should be in the fields of the social sciences or humanities, and related to Nepal or the Nepali cultural world, broadly understood.
- (Clarification: (a) The PhD paper must be single-authored, and (b) papers in technical fields dealing with social dimensions, such as public health and community forestry will be accepted).
- Deadline for submission of applications: 23.59 BST on 31st November, 2018
- Notification of the winner: 31 January 2019.
- Award of the prize: 15-16 April 2019, in Edinburgh, at the BNAC Nepal Conference.
- The winner will be selected on a competitive basis by the BNAC PhD Dissertation Prize sub-committee.
- One winning candidate will receive £250 cash prize.
- Candidates coming in the second and third place will also be named.
- The prize winner is encouraged (not obliged) to attend the Nepal Conference (Nepal Study Days), and to present their paper there.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
- Edinburgh Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference), 15-16 April 2019- All Information Read More
- Registration Open for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and University of Edinburgh Read More
- Call for Papers for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Edinburgh Read More