Latest NewsBNAC organised various activities related to Nepal during its 17th Nepal Study Days in Edinburgh
Britain Nepal Academic Council’s 17th Nepal Study Days was successfully organised in Edinburgh on ...Read More
Recent News & Updates
Join our free email list about BNAC events and activities.JOIN NOW
Britain-Nepal Academic Council
The Britain–Nepal Academic Council was established on 23 May 2000 at a large meeting at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London of British academics and researchers interested in various aspects of Nepal. The objective of the Council is to promote academic and scholarly links between Britain and Nepal through, inter alia, collaborative research, exchange programmes and organisation of annual lectures, and seminars on areas of mutual interest to both British and Nepali academics and researchers. Prof. Surya Subedi, who was the founding chairperson of the Council, served in this capacity for ten years before handing over responsibilities to Prof. Michael Hutt in 2009. Prof. David Gellner took the position on 25 April 2014. Dr Krishna Adhikari, who is the current Chairman, took the position on 18 April 2018.
The current Executive Officers are:
- Dr Krishna Adhikari (CNSUK/University of Oxford), Chairman
- Dr Punam Yadav (University College of London, General Secretary
- Dr Fraser Sugden (University of Birmingham), Treasurer
Other members of the executive committee are:
- Professor David Gellner (University of Oxford).
- Professor Michael Hutt (SOAS, University of London)
- Dr Ben Campbell (Durham University)
- Dr Feyzi Ismail (SOAS, University of London)
- Dr Sara Parker (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Dr Stefanie Lotter (SOAS, University of London)
- Dr Kalyan Bhandari (University of the West of Scotland)
- Dr Tejendra Pherali (University College London)
- Professor Padam Simkhada (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Dr Jeevan Sharma (University of Edinburgh)
- Ms. Sapana Bista (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Ms. Kumud Rana (University of Glasgow)
Click here to see list of general members of BNAC.
On these pages you will find details of past and forthcoming events sponsored and organised by the BNAC, a membership form, and some means of contacting us. We hope you will find these useful, and we look forward to meeting you at one of our future events. If you have any kind of research or teaching interest in Nepal, please do join us.
For details, click here to download BNAC brochure.
- Edinburgh Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference), 15-16 April 2019- All Information Read More
- Registration Open for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and University of Edinburgh Read More
- Call for Papers for 2019 Nepal Study Days (Nepal Conference) at Edinburgh Read More