Latest NewsCondolence message
We are sad to pass on the news of the demise of Dr Singha Bahadur Basnyat, who was the Ambassador of...Read More
Recent News & Updates
Join our free email list about BNAC events and activities.JOIN NOW
Britain-Nepal Academic Council
The Britain–Nepal Academic Council was established on 23 May 2000 at a large meeting at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London of British academics and researchers interested in various aspects of Nepal. The objective of the Council is to promote academic and scholarly links between Britain and Nepal through, inter alia, collaborative research, exchange programmes and organisation of annual lectures, and seminars on areas of mutual interest to both British and Nepali academics and researchers. Prof. Surya Subedi, who was the founding chairperson of the Council, served in this capacity for ten years before handing over responsibilities to Prof. Michael Hutt in 2009. Prof. David Gellner took the position on 25 April 2014. Dr Krishna Adhikari, who is the current Chairman, took the position on 18 April 2018.
The current Executive Officers are:
- Dr Krishna Adhikari (CNSUK/University of Oxford), Chairman
- Dr Punam Yadav (University College of London, General Secretary
- Dr Fraser Sugden (University of Birmingham), Treasurer
Other members of the executive committee are:
- Professor David Gellner (University of Oxford).
- Professor Michael Hutt (SOAS, University of London)
- Dr Ben Campbell (Durham University)
- Professor Sondra Hausner (University of Oxford)
- Dr Feyzi Ismail (SOAS, University of London)
- Premila van Ommen (University of Arts London)
- Dr Sara Parker (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Dr Stefanie Lotter (SOAS, University of London)
- Dr Kalyan Bhandari (University of the West of Scotland)
- Dr Tejendra Pherali (University College London)
- Professor Edwin van Teijlingen (Bournemouth University)
Click here to see list of general members of BNAC.
On these pages you will find details of past and forthcoming events sponsored and organised by the BNAC, a membership form, and some means of contacting us. We hope you will find these useful, and we look forward to meeting you at one of our future events. If you have any kind of research or teaching interest in Nepal, please do join us.
For details, click here to download BNAC brochure.